By Jonathan M. Borwein,Adrian S. Lewis
Optimization is a wealthy and thriving mathematical self-discipline, and the underlying concept of present computational optimization options grows ever extra refined. This ebook goals to supply a concise, available account of convex research and its functions and extensions, for a extensive viewers. each one part concludes with a frequently wide set of not obligatory routines. This re-creation provides fabric on semismooth optimization, in addition to a number of new proofs.
Read Online or Download Convex Analysis and Nonlinear Optimization: Theory and Examples (CMS Books in Mathematics) PDF
Similar functional analysis books
This booklet represents the 1st synthesis of the substantial physique of latest examine into confident convinced matrices. those matrices play a similar function in noncommutative research as optimistic actual numbers do in classical research. they've got theoretical and computational makes use of throughout a huge spectrum of disciplines, together with calculus, electric engineering, data, physics, numerical research, quantum info idea, and geometry.
The first aim of this article is to give the theoretical origin of the sector of Fourier research. This publication is especially addressed to graduate scholars in arithmetic and is designed to serve for a three-course series at the topic. the single prerequisite for knowing the textual content is passable final touch of a path in degree idea, Lebesgue integration, and intricate variables.
This publication involves a set of unique, refereed examine and expository articles on elliptic elements of geometric research on manifolds, together with singular, foliated and non-commutative areas. the themes lined contain the index of operators, torsion invariants, K-theory of operator algebras and L2-invariants.
A whole therapy of present study themes in Fourier Transforms and Sinusoids Sinusoids: conception and Technological purposes explains how sinusoids and Fourier transforms are utilized in a number of software parts, together with sign processing, GPS, optics, x-ray crystallography, radioastronomy, poetry and track as sound waves, and the scientific sciences.
- Methods of Spectral Analysis in Mathematical Physics: Conference on Operator Theory, Analysis and Mathematical Physics (OTAMP) 2006, Lund, Sweden: 186 (Operator Theory: Advances and Applications)
- The Riemann Zeta-Function: Theory and Applications (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Direct and Inverse Problems of Mathematical Physics (International Society for Analysis, Applications and Computation)
- The Hardy Space H1 with Non-doubling Measures and Their Applications (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- A Bridge to Higher Mathematics (Textbooks in Mathematics)
- Fixed Point Theory for Decomposable Sets (Topological Fixed Point Theory and Its Applications)
Additional resources for Convex Analysis and Nonlinear Optimization: Theory and Examples (CMS Books in Mathematics)