By Cell Press
Cell Press stories: Stem Cells to version and deal with Disease informs, conjures up, and connects stem telephone researchers and clinicians in any respect levels of their careers with well timed, entire experiences written through leaders within the box and curated via telephone Press editors. The book bargains a vast view of a few of the main compelling subject matters in stem mobilephone study including:
- Safety and efficacy of stem phone treatments
- Stem-cell-based organ regeneration
- Integrating stem cells into customized drug discovery
- Using pluripotent stem cells for treating neurological disease
- Engineering hematopoietic stem cells for cutting edge therapies
Contributions come from major voices within the box, together with: - Shinya Yamanaka, Recipient of the 2012 Nobel Prize for body structure or drugs, Recipient of the 2012 Millennium expertise Prize, Professor and Director of the heart for iPS telephone learn and alertness at Kyoto collage, Senior Investigator on the Gladstone Institute of heart problems, L.K. Whittier origin Investigator in Stem telephone Biology and Professor on the college of California, San Francisco - George Q. Daley, Samuel E. Lux IV Professor of Hematology/Oncology at Harvard clinical college and Director for the Stem phone Transplantation software at Boston Children’s health center - Irving Weissman, Member of nationwide Academy of Sciences, Virgina & D.K Ludwig Professor for medical research in melanoma examine, and Director for Institute of Stem mobile Biology and Regenerative drugs at Stanford college of Medicine
Cell Press reports: Stem Cells to version and deal with Disease is a part of the cellphone Press Reviews series, which positive factors studies released in Cell Press basic examine and Trends stories journals.
- Provides well timed overviews on quite a lot of stem cellphone applications
- Offers perception from specialists at the key possibilities and demanding situations dealing with the field
- Features studies on genetic, mobile, and molecular features of stem-cell-based applications
- Includes articles initially released in Cell, mobile Stem telephone, Neuron, tendencies in Molecular Medicine, and Trends in Biotechnology
Read Online or Download Cell Press Reviews: Stem Cells to Model and Treat Disease (Cell Press Reviews Series) PDF
Best developmental biology books
Anatomy, to be certain, is the fundamental beginning of scientific perform, however it is way greater than that. at first, anatomy is a organic technology. there's order and good judgment to the association of the human physique and the association of its components. And, as all sciences, anatomy deals problem and discovery.
The sensible guide of In Vitro Fertilization: complex tools and Novel units is a distinct, obtainable identify that gives an entire evaluation of the main well-established and present diagnostic and therapy ideas comprising in vitro fertilization. through the chapters, a uniform constitution is hired, together with a quick summary, a key-phrase word list, a step by step protocol of the laboratory tactics, a number of pages of specialist observation, key problems with medical crisis, and an inventory of references.
''A priceless source for these desirous about experimental teratology and chance overview and people requiring basic information regarding the motives of beginning defects. The remedy of those concerns is subtle, succinct, and logical. '' --- American Scientist, from a evaluation of a prior quantity the present quantity covers intergenerational elements in being pregnant end result, the thresholds for developmental toxicants, and 4 different matters.
Craniofacial improvement, the newest quantity of present themes in Developmental Biology maintains the legacy of this optimum serial with caliber chapters authored by way of leaders within the box. This quantity covers examine equipment in Craniofacial improvement, and contains sections on such issues as microRNAs in craniofacial improvement and epigenetic legislation in craniofacial improvement.
- Cilia and Nervous System Development and Function
- Advances in Evolutionary Developmental Biology
- Comparative Anatomy and Phylogeny of Primate Muscles and Human Evolution
- The Omnivorous Mind: Our Evolving Relationship with Food
Additional info for Cell Press Reviews: Stem Cells to Model and Treat Disease (Cell Press Reviews Series)