By Anne Cauquelin
Read or Download Aristote : le langage (Philosophes) (French Edition) PDF
Best greek & roman philosophy books
The Cratylus, one in all Plato's such a lot tough and exciting dialogues, explores the family among a reputation and the object it names. The questions that come up lead the characters to stand a few significant matters: fact and falsehood, relativism, etymology, the potential for an ideal language, the relation among the research of names and that of fact, the Heraclitean flux conception and the speculation of kinds.
Socrates and Alcibiades: 4 Texts gathers jointly translations our 4 most crucial assets for the connection among Socrates and the main arguable guy of his day, the talented and scandalous Alcibiades. as well as Alcibiades’ well-known speech from Plato’s Symposium, this article contains dialogues, the Alcibiades I and Alcibiades II, attributed to Plato in antiquity yet unjustly overlooked this present day, and the entire fragments of the discussion Alcibiades by way of Plato’s modern, Aeschines of Sphettus.
Face à l'effondrement des repères anciens, aux menaces qui pèsent sur l. a. planète, aux risques engendrés par les nouvelles recommendations, philosophes et scientifiques dialoguent. « Copyright Electre »
Plato used to be the 1st thinker within the western culture to mirror systematically (and usually seriously) on rhetoric. during this publication, Tushar Irani provides a finished and leading edge analyzing of the Gorgias and the Phaedrus, the one Platonic dialogues to target what an 'art of argument' may still appear like, treating all the texts separately, but eventually demonstrating how every one can top be understood in gentle of the opposite.
- The Drama of Ideas: Platonic Provocations in Theater and Philosophy
- Values and Virtues: Aristotelianism in Contemporary Ethics (Mind Association Occasional Series)
- Aristoteles und seine Weltanschauung: Abteilung III. Band 7 (German Edition)
- Man's Two Natures: Human and Divine (Izvor Collection)
- A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
- Routledge Philosophy GuideBook to Berkeley and the Principles of Human Knowledge (Routledge Philosophy GuideBooks)
Additional info for Aristote : le langage (Philosophes) (French Edition)