By Carl A. Huffman
Read Online or Download A History of Pythagoreanism PDF
Similar greek & roman philosophy books
The Cratylus, one among Plato's such a lot tricky and interesting dialogues, explores the kin among a reputation and the object it names. The questions that come up lead the characters to stand a couple of significant matters: fact and falsehood, relativism, etymology, the potential of an ideal language, the relation among the research of names and that of truth, the Heraclitean flux concept and the idea of varieties.
Socrates and Alcibiades: 4 Texts gathers jointly translations our 4 most crucial assets for the connection among Socrates and the main arguable guy of his day, the proficient and scandalous Alcibiades. as well as Alcibiades’ recognized speech from Plato’s Symposium, this article contains dialogues, the Alcibiades I and Alcibiades II, attributed to Plato in antiquity yet unjustly ignored this present day, and the total fragments of the discussion Alcibiades by means of Plato’s modern, Aeschines of Sphettus.
Face à l'effondrement des repères anciens, aux menaces qui pèsent sur los angeles planète, aux risques engendrés par les nouvelles thoughts, philosophes et scientifiques dialoguent. « Copyright Electre »
Plato was once the 1st thinker within the western culture to mirror systematically (and frequently significantly) on rhetoric. during this booklet, Tushar Irani provides a entire and cutting edge analyzing of the Gorgias and the Phaedrus, the single Platonic dialogues to target what an 'art of argument' should still appear like, treating all of the texts separately, but eventually demonstrating how every one can top be understood in mild of the opposite.
- Les Commentaires de Simplicius et de Jean Philopon à la "Physique" d'Aristote: Tradition et Innovation (Commentaria in Aristotelem Graeca et Byzantina) (French Edition)
- Wie begreift Augustinus die Trinität? (German Edition)
- Sagesse et illusion de la philosophie (Quadrige) (French Edition)
- Der Zusammenhang des Guten und Schönen in Platons Symposion (German Edition)
- Aristotelianism in the First Century BCE
- Die unerschöpfliche Kraft des Einfachen (German Edition)
Extra info for A History of Pythagoreanism